Hi! I'm Marcey Rader. I love nothing more than empowering busy leaders and business owners to create time boundaries, increase focus and attention, improve their health, and live a happier, less stressful life.
I understand the roles of a corporate professional, road warrior, and a business owner. I'll be the first to tell you I made mistakes. All. Of. The. Mistakes. I was a hard-charging, high-intensity, Type A (Awesome) go-getter in my 20s and 30s that never stopped to smell the roses, look at the view, or soak in my accomplishments.
I just kept aiming for a higher promotion, harder race completed, another client closed, and one more box checked. I told myself that someday I would be happy. Someday I would be content. Someday I would focus on myself or (gulp) my husband.
Someday is not a day of the week.
The pivotal moment for me was a diagnosis at age 39 of multiple autoimmune diseases and early-onset menopause, all triggered by this high-burnout lifestyle. I had waited too long, and take #ExtremeOwnership that I had buried my head in the sand at the effects my lifestyle had on me. I took matters into my own hands and did the research, got the certifications, and realized what actual productivity and health meant. It was a gift for myself, but even more for my clients. I can offer personalized support, accountability, and productive strategies to help you move the needle on your career, health, and dreams.
Being productive and healthy doesn't require extreme self-discipline and willpower. It takes commitment, knowledge, support, and behavior change. It takes the right systems to save ourselves from ourselves. It takes proper habits sustainably built over time.
So what do I do, really?
I present at events on how to shrink the inbox, master tasks, conquer calendars, improve focus, and escalating energy.
I coach busy people like you and emphasize creating boundaries, being present, eating for energy, movement opportunities, and managing stress.
I work with companies and teams through workshops and private coaching to efficiently communicate, hold productive meetings, and create boundaries between work and play.
I write books and articles about all things productivity and health, for real people.
I have a team of superstars I work with to hit many of the challenges that people have in their personal productivity and health journey.
Let's get to know each other!
I'm a former Ironman triathlete, ultra-mountain biker, and adventure racer and competed in over 100 endurance races.
For almost a decade I traveled up to 48 weeks a year.
Hiring globally so that I can learn about people from other countries dealing with different circumstances, knowing that in the end, we are all striving for health and happiness.
Parties and affiliations do not define people. Actions do.
- B.S. in Exercise Science and Wellness
- M.Ed. in Health Promotion and Exercise Management
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Nutrition Coach
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Behavior Change Specialist
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Weight Loss Specialist
- Integrative Nutrition Certified Health Coach
- Certified International Health Coach
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition Gut Health Specialist
- Emerging Women of North Carolina Award Winner
- Creator of the 25 in 25® and 10 by 10® Exercise Challenges
- Toastmasters International Multiple Contest Winner
- Advocacy Center, Inc. Board Trustee
- National Speakers Association Professional Member
- NCACPA 2017 Terry R. Alexander New Speaker Award
- Money, Inc. Contributor
- Best Kept Self Contributor
- North Carolina 100 and Agency 100 Contributor
- Small Business Association Women-Certified Small Business
- Vistage International Founding Member and Speaker
- TripActions Community Travel Leader
- eSpeakers Certified Virtual Presenter
- Science of Well-Being certification
Recent Media Features
What Clients are saying about Marcey
I initially hired Marcey Rader to help me with my work productivity and velocity. Within one month she has made a tremendous difference in how I work. Her work is valuable to a CEO or any knowledge worker. Marcey also has immense depth and breadth of knowledge in coaching personal health and wellness.