Productivity and Health Coach, Speaker, Author
Few people understand the corporate to the business-owner environment better than I do. During my 13+ years in multiple business operations roles, I positioned myself as the go-to person for all things related to training staff on efficient technologies, work productivity and business travel. When I had climbed the corporate ladder as far as I wanted, I left to start my healthy lifestyle coaching business in 2013.
The pivotal moment for me was a diagnosis of multiple autoimmune diseases triggered by my high-stress, high-travel, high-burnout lifestyle. I had waited too long, and the results were scary. At the time, there wasn’t anyone out there educating people about how health affects productivity or how productivity affects health. I felt I had no choice, but to take matters into my own hands and do the research. After figuring out strategies and actionable steps to manage my condition, it just made sense to turn those insights into a business coaching others. My struggles are now one of my clients’ greatest assets. I offer personalized support, accountability, and productive strategies to help others move the needle on their careers, their health, and their dreams. I love what I do for my clients and view my illnesses as gifts.
Some say staying healthy and productive requires self-discipline, commitment, and willpower.
I believe staying healthy and productive takes knowledge, support, and genuine behavior change. It takes the right systems to save ourselves from ourselves and decrease decision fatigue. Willpower isn’t finite.
Street, Trail, and Water Cred
Not only do I talk the talk, but I walk the walk. As a road warrior business traveler for a decade, I’ll be the first to tell you I made mistakes. All. Of. The. Mistakes. Then, I got it together. After realizing managing chronic autoimmune conditions required making some serious changes, I progressed to a different kind of fit and healthy, while learning how to organize my time. Now I evaluate everything with a holistic approach and consider the long-term risks and benefits to my health, happiness, soul, and business. I encourage my clients to make a similar mindset shift.
I qualified for the Boston Marathon and hiked the Grand Canyon Rim to Rim to Rim, among other physical accomplishments. Yep, impressive, right? They used to define me when I needed to prove something. Been there. Done that. I identify myself in other ways now.
6 – 30hr Adventure Races
Endurance and Ultra Trail Running Races
Endurance and Ultra Mountain Bike Races
Given these incredible numbers, you’d be forgiven for thinking I have unreasonably high expectations for others. I really will meet you where you are and design an individualized program that supports you.
Take a look at these case studies based on interviews with two of my clients.
- B.S. in Exercise Science and Wellness
- M.Ed. in Health Promotion and Exercise Management
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Fitness Nutrition Specialist
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Behavior Change Specialist
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Weight Loss Specialist
- Integrative Nutrition Certified Health Coach
- Certified International Health Coach
- Institute for Integrative Nutrition Gut Health Specialist
- Emerging Women of North Carolina Award Winner
- Localfit Influencer
- Creator of the 25 in 25® and 10 by 10® Exercise Challenges
- Former Certified Productive Environment Specialist
- Toastmasters International Member and Multiple Contest Winner
- Wade Edwards Learning Lab Board Trustee
- City Club Raleigh Board of Governors
- National Speakers Association Professional Member
- NCACPA 2017 Terry R. Alexander New Speaker Award
- Money, Inc. Contributor
- Best Kept Self Contributor
- The North Carolina 100 Contributor
- Small Business Association Women-Certified Small Business
Recent Media Features
What Clients are saying about Marcey
I initially hired Marcey Rader to help me with my work productivity and velocity. Within one month she has made a tremendous difference in how I work. Her work is valuable to a CEO or any knowledge worker. Marcey also has immense depth and breadth of knowledge in coaching personal health and wellness. Gregory Florez
These days I’m still on the go:
- mountain biking
- email processing
- trail running
- schedule mastering
- hoop dancing
- coffee loving
- meal planning
- task finishing
- jump roping